What does the KT parliamentary seat look like on map? What are the state assembly seats (DUN)? How many voters are here and how have they voted in the past?
Background: Kuala Terengganu is a large parliamentary seat with 80,229 voters, split into four state assembly (DUN) seats. KT is larger than Permatang Pauh (P044), which contained 58,459 voters and 3 DUNS, where a by-election was held recently in August. The neighboring Marang (P037), green color in the map, is the only parliamentary seat held by PAS and the Opposition.
Under KT P036 itself during GE12, however, PAS won three out of the four DUNs, ie, N13 (Wakaf Mempelam), N15 (Ladang), and N16 (Batu Buruk), except N14 (Bandar). See http://undi.info/state/kt/2008/states.html. PAS won 8 out of the 32 DUNs in the state of Terengganu.
To view voting history, candidate names, and racial breakdown, please see Undi.info at:
- P36 - Kuala Terengganu http://undi.info/ax/state/kt/2008/parliament/P36.html
- N13 - Wakaf Mempelam http://undi.info/ax/state/kt/2008/states/N13/P36.html
- N14 - Bandar http://undi.info/ax/state/kt/2008/states/N14/P36.html
- N15 - Ladang http://undi.info/ax/state/kt/2008/states/N15/P36.html
- N16 - Batu Buruk http://undi.info/ax/state/kt/2008/states/N16/P36.html
- Parliament http://undi.info/state/kt/2008/parliament.html
- State http://undi.info/state/kt/2008/states.html
Table A below shows that:
- Total number of voters decreases by 96 to 80,229 over 10 months, between the GE12 electoral roll gazetted on 2008 Feb 5 and this by-election roll gazetted on 2008 Dec 5.
|Count of Voters|
|Election event||12th GE||By-Election|
P036, Kuala Terengganu, is roughly outlined on the north and west by the Terengganu River, on the east by the South China Sea, and on the south by highways T101 and T100.
On Wikimapia.org map, you can see the following details, from the big-picture "woods" to the detailed "trees:"
- Overview, but with few details on kampong or DM names
- http://tinyurl.com/kt-kampong (short cut URL, same as below)
We have saved and marked a WikiMapia map to indicates general areas of voting districts (DM, often centered around villages or kampongs) which we can find. Please click the below for a larger image on a new window.
Help put the voting stations (Tempat Mengundi) on the WikiMapia.org!
You can help out by marking all the schools and buildings on the http://WikiMapia.org site, using the feature to "Add Place." Use this URL http://tinyurl.com/kt-kampong and the more detailed http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=5.3117532&lon=103.1029022&z=16&l=0&m=m&v=1) that will be used as voting stations, so that volunteers can find them more easily.