On the surface, Manek Urai's voters increased by only one. But hiding underneath, there was 261 deletions and 262 additions among non-postal voters over the past 16 months. Another 25 police postal voters had their IC format changed, but remained the same persons.
Table A shows that, between the GE12 electoral roll (gazetted 2008 Feb 5 but dated 2007 Dec 31) and this by-election roll (gazetted 2009 June 4, but probably updated to May 2009):
- 261 non-postal voters have been deleted (ICs appeared in GE12 roll, but not in by-election roll),
- 262 non-postal voters have been added (ICs appeared in by-election roll, but not in GE12 roll).
- 25 postal voters (all police) remained, but have had their police ICs updated to a new format, eg, from R0072706 to RF72706.
- 1 postal police voter with 12-digit IC has moved out of potal-voter-district, but remain within the DUN. She is not counted as addition or deletion.
- In total, the net increase is only 1 voter, from 12,292 to 12,293 voters.
- This is a 0.008% net addition in voter size over about 16 month period.
Table A: N41 Manek Urai (P031 Kuala Krai) By-Election Roll of 20090604 Compared to GE12 Roll of 20080205
Summary of Voter changes - IC-Name Combinations that Appears in One Roll and Not The Other
|Voter IC exist in||20080205 GE12 roll||20090604 by-election roll|
|But do not exist in||20090604 by-election roll||20080205 GE12 roll|
|Count of Non-Postal Voter Changes||261||262||1|
|Same police voters with updated IC format||25||25||0|
|One police voter with 12-digit IC moved to non-postal address. Not an addition or deletion.||0|
|Total net change||1|
|Voters in 20080205 GE12 electoral roll||12,292|
|Voters in 20090604 by-election electoral roll||12,293|